“Thank you for making the learning process easy and enjoyable, for explaining things in plain English.”
A one-day introduction to tenancy laws for community workers who assist or advocate for clients about housing.
Learn how to help your clients with tenancy and housing issues with up-to-date and thorough information from the experts at the Tenants’ Union of NSW. This one-day workshop will help to clarify the complicated field of tenancy law and give you knowledge, skills, and confidence in this area.
The workshop covers:
- Introduction to contract law
- Residential Tenancies Act
Overview of the laws and how they can assist renters
- Effective regulation of tenancy databases
- ‘fee-free’ methods for paying rent
- Options for survivors of domestic violence to change their tenancy arrangements
- Longer notice periods for ’no-grounds’ termination
- Residential tenancy agreement
- Social Housing/Housing NSW
- Overview of the TU and TAAP services
- Introduction to the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (Consumer and Commercial Division)
- Complex Tenancies
- Similarities and differences for people renting in social housing, caravan parks and share housing.
Presenter: Grant Arbuthnot, Principal Legal Officer, Tenants’ Union of NSW
Want more information?
Please contact PIAC Senior Training Officer, Sarah Ludowici.