“Thank you for making the learning process easy and enjoyable, for explaining things in plain English.”
A one-day introduction to tenancy laws for community workers who assist or advocate for clients about housing.
Learn how to help your clients with tenancy and housing issues with up-to-date and thorough information from the experts at the Tenants’ Union of NSW. This one-day workshop will help to clarify the complicated field of tenancy law and give you knowledge, skills, and confidence in this area.
The workshop covers:
- Introduction to contract law
- Overview – Residential Tenancies Act
- Residential tenancy agreement
- Overview of Tenants Union and Tenancy Advice and Advocacy Services
- Social Housing
- FACS Housing
- NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT)
- Tenancy databases
- Complex tenancies
Presenter: Grant Arbuthnot, Principal Legal Officer, Tenants’ Union of NSW
Want more information?
Please contact PIAC Senior Training Officer, Sarah Ludowici.