“Fantastic, clear, well-presented and very relevant.” Participant customised training for local government 2017
This workshop is for community workers to understand Human Rights and how Human Rights laws are applied in Australia. You do not need a background in law to participate in this workshop. It is relevant for community workers and volunteers seeking to support and uphold the Human Rights of people in their communities.
This workshop covers:
- Introduction to Human Rights
- International Human Rights law
- Are Human Rights part of Australian law?
- Human rights protection in Australia
- Issues in human rights protections in Australia
- Gaps in awareness
- Discrimination in more details
- Success stories
- What can YOU do
- Discussions around target groups.
Want more information?
Please contact PIAC Senior Training Officer, Sarah Ludowici.