“Amazing session! Doing the project planning and action plan was incredible.”
Learn the fundamentals of designing highly effective advocacy. Get hands-on experience in developing an advocacy plan during the workshop. Participants will be introduced to essential strategies and knowledge, and discover the power of preparation.
The workshop covers:
- What is advocacy?
- The advocacy tool kit
- How government works
- How to advocate for your issues with government
- Working with politicians
- Legal strategies in advocacy
- Planning an effective advocacy strategy around your issue
- Engagement and empowerment
What you’ll learn
The workshop provides you with the skills to ensure the rights and needs of clients are maintained within the broader rights and needs of the general community. On completion of this training you will be able to:
- Work with clients, communities and stakeholders to address identified needs
- Advocate for client issues within formal decision-making structures
- Represent the interests of the community in government decision-making forums.
This workshop can be taken in conjunction with Advocacy Skills to form a two-day workshop which will provide an unprecedented opportunity to plan an effective strategy around issues important to your community. You will complete strategy planning, learn the best way to get your issue up in parliament, prepare your advocacy tool kit, write a media release, learn how to negotiate to achieve best outcomes and put together a lobbying kit.
Advocacy Strategies and Advocacy Skills can be taken separately or together.
Want more information?
Please contact PIAC Senior Training Officer, Sarah Ludowici.